Here’s a list of some good ways to celebrate the Summer Solstice this week –
- Strawberries are in season, so have some strawberries and cream
- Have a BBQ, bonfire or picnic.
- Do a ritual to honour the Sun or other deities of Summer.
- The Bees are busy making this year’s honey, so it’s a great time to make your Mead for the year.
- Elder flowers are in season so it’s also a good time to make Elderflower cordial.
- Go camping, maybe at Stonehenge if you can, and get up to watch the Sunrise.
- Do a beach clean
- Make an offering of rushes to Manannan, god of the sea.
- Collect herbs such as St John’s Wort for herbalism
- Decorate your altar with symbols of the season such as Oak Leaves and Sunflower Seeds.
Have a good one.