Lammas/ Lughnasadh is almost upon us. Here are ten ways to celebrate:
- Open the Mead you brewed at Midsummer, give the first glass to the gods as an offering and then enjoy a glass yourself. Alternatively, now is a good time to start brewing grain based drinks such as Beer or Ale.
- Go Blueberry or Bilberry picking. Turn your collection into Jam.
- If you have a garden or allotment, now is the time to bring in the first harvest.
- Bake some bread. And give the first slice to the gods as an offering. If you don’t know how to make bread – now is the time to learn.
- The main potato crop and sweetcorn seasons are just beginning so enjoy a meal with these two ingredients in.
- Do a ritual honouring Lugh if you follow a Celtic hearth culture, or Thunor and Tiw if you follow an Anglo-Saxon/ Norse one.
- Pray for Peace in your family, community and the world.
- Visit country fairs, or even sell some hand crafted items at one.
- Take part in some games, sports competitions or martial arts.
- Make corn dollies and decorate your altar with symbols of the harvest.